I suggest you ...

Add Remote Control to Desktop Sharing

Be able to remotely control someone else's computer through the desktop sharing, but only if they give permission of course. This can be used for remote support.

162 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    davidrAdmindavidr (Admin, Vyew) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    davidrAdmindavidr (Admin, Vyew) responded  · 

We have no immediate plans for this. We feel it doesn’t fit into Vyew’s “vision”, and in addition, it is not possible to easily implement using our current technology. However, please vote for it / leave comments if you still wish to show that it is important to you.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aliasgar BabatAliasgar Babat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Vyew very often & is good. Sometimes, I try out my hands with other remote support tools as well like logmein, GoSupportNow, GoToMyPC etc.

• Kevin HandyKevin Handy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desktop sharing is precisely the type of tool that is perfect for the educational market. It dovetails into mentoring. I recognize that it appears that people might "give up" something, however, on the contrary it allows us to interact in some very meaningful ways. Whether kids or adults we all need the interactivity that goes with being able to turn your computer over to someone else. The ideal of course is to have a camera on the presenter's machine so that people can see what they're doing and then the results. Baring that - simply being able to take control (with permission) is vital.

• TimAdminTim (Admin, Vyew) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that this is a highly requested feature. We feel that the desktop share/remote control market segment is already very crowded. There are numerous tools out there to do this, so we don't feel it is worth the payoff of investing into this feature. Or, am I wrong? Is there no other easy to use desktop remote control (web only) product out there?

• georgeatw2mgeorgeatw2m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After reviewing the features in vyew I'm really impressed. We currently use GoToMeeting, but are evaluating otehr services since our term ends with GTM in a few weeks. I think lack of remote control is the only major feature that Vyew is lacking and will likely prevent us from purchasing this service. If Remote Control and App Sharing were available I think it would be a no brainer to go with Vyew. Please strongly consider this since it's the only feature in your comparison chart that lacks a checkbox in the Vyew column. This prevents Vyew from being used for many purposes, including support, real time collaboration, training, etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base